Like you and Me, Ups and Downs

I'm inspired by everyone in this group! Thanks for helping me heal. I cannot work, but a few years ago I was much worse off. I had tried so hard to be like others with part-time work and school, and before that raising my sons while working. My willfulness helped and hurt. I was exhausted, depressed and in pain, my resources depleted. It took a long time but life is looking familiar now :) and days are normal enough that I can do things when other people are also awake and get to most appointments on time. I'm well, but still different.

Your stories never get old. Re-post or add a discussion, let us know how you're doing. We all know how tough it can be. Sometimes I have something to celebrate :) They're mini-celebrations, and they keep me going. Feel free to share here or start your own.

Carol, good to hear that you are feeling better. I take lots of meds and have a couple of different diseases......

I started a "Good Day" Journal. When I had a few very good days I might draw as well.

Whenever I am having bad flares or other serious issues it helps my MOOD to read and remember that,

"This Too Shall Pass". Some things for me are not curable, but I am going to live my life to the fullest

for as long as I can. Thinking about other people and either doing something for them or make them smile

always lifts my spirit......cards, calls, volunteering, singing, etc.

You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Have a good day and welcome to the group.

Peace,

Helena

Helena, I like your suggestions! I saw a wonderful art show yesterday. There were watercolor sketchbooks in a display case. The books were journal size. They inspired me and if I don't go downstairs for a sketchbook right now I might forget to start one.... :)

Yesterday something upset me in the afternoon, but when I remembered what I did in the morning my mood changed for the better. The Good Day journal would be a wonderful way to remember the happy and inspiring moments. I use a planner, and I can make notes about them there. Looking back I'll find I managed to really appreciate and enjoy life :). What a treat!

Thank you for your kind thoughts.

Dear Helena/Carol,

I really appreciate your efforts to keep yourself awake n happy.
Did you ppl notice that we are really good at forgetting and forgiving. Dont know whether God has gifted us with this ability. I noticed that i can swing my moods easily from sad to happy just by hearing a good music or by having a food that i love. I have seen ppl struggling to survive thinking about their past and getting into depression stage. Do you agree that we are lucky enough to be happy always…?

I think we have the ability to enjoy each moment we are alert, and not to worry about the interruptions of sleep. It takes self-acceptance and practicing a healthy way of living and thinking. For me that has taken some effort but the happiness is truly a gift!