From the writing of Monica Baldwin, 1893 - 1975

The moment when you first wake up in the morning is the most wonderful of the 24 hours. No matter how weary or dreary you may feel, you possess the certainty that, during the day that lies before you, absolutely anything may happen. And the fact that it practically always doesn’t, matters not a jot. The possibility is always there.

Nice quote, Nel. :)

how did you spend Mothers’ Day all you mummies? It wasn’t Mother’s Day in the UK - we already celebrated in March, but I have a daughter abroad so I get a second celebratory day. We bought cheesecake because it coincided with my other daughter’s baby reaching 2 Months. Any excuse for a large chunk of chocolate cheesecake
Nel

Delicious. I spent my Mother's Day helping my son out with a mountain of homework, since his performance has taken place the night before lol. My husband helped, too. :) Chocolate cheesecake sounds wonderful.

Glad you posted this, Nel. My brain and body are tired today, but I can be on the lookout for surprises. :slight_smile:

I used to be a night owl but never found it hard to get up early. Now I am at my brightest, and reasonably optimistic for the first two hours of the day and it’s downhill all the way after that;(

Nel, do you get both fatigue and pain daily? That must be very hard.
I really like the Monica Baldwin quote because it’s not about goals or productivity. It’s about awareness of possibilities, kind of cheering up my imagination, even on a bad day. It stopped my negative thinking.
We need a quote that will stop pain, too.

Thanks for asking Carol. I have Erythromelalgia topped off with a badly fractured leg. As the surgeon said, I don’t do things by halves!
Attitude is everything. On days when there is something sad going on, bad memories perhaps, I feel physically much worse so I try to keep cheerful and concentrate on today. I’m writing this at breakfast time so still my best time of day - that first lovely cup of tea at my elbow and my baby grandson laughing up at me from his bouncer.

Nel! When did you break your leg?

It was 5th of March and the day after my daughter’s due date! I slipped in the house and fell on my knee, hit a metal strip between carpets and the patella smashed the femur! It’s all metal and 9 pins now. The worse thing was my daughter having the baby a week later when I was still unable to move in a different hospital. She wasn’t allowed to bring the baby in and I was over two weeks in there. Then she had to look after me and her newborn. Bit of a nightmare at the time.

And you have been moderating, too! A warm thank you, Nel. Admittedly, possibilities in a day can include accidents. Finding a smile every day is a good habit. Once in a small town in California I read a sign on a door, “Center for Attitude Adjustment”. :slight_smile:
Being able to self-adjust is talent I would like to develop! Thanks for inspiring is online, and I wish you a full and speedy recovery.

Thank you Carol. I am truly happy to be here though from early September I will have my daughter and 3 little ones staying for a month, which will be 4 grandchildren in the house and 6 when the other two are brought over. Excuse me while I self adjust. I will try to check in here twice a day but my mind will be mostly elsewhere:))

I just love this quote because it is all about HOPE for the future.