Post Something Positive Here Each Day

Please tell us at least one POSITIVE that happened to you this day. It can be any wonderful action or event, an inspiring thought that came across your mind, an exciting emotion, or a nice sight, smell or taste or feelings. ONLY POSITIVE, NO NEGATIVE.

Nothing is too trivial, feel free to add more positive as things happen.

I'd like to wish everyone a Happy New Year! Let's hope that 2013 is the year that we get back our health and vitality. Mostly, I wish everyone peace of mind and strength through understanding their illnesses and the continued support and love of those who are suffering with rare disorders too. Let's hope that we all feel empowered to make our voices heard in medical field and in our support communities by telling our stories, challenges, and inspirations.

I went to dinner with my two best friends and their wives and my girlfriend last night. We've been friends for 15+ years and it was so good to get together and laugh.

My first attempt at a macrame plant holder.

My sister is a novelist, poet and short story writer. I put together this shadow box for her to commemorate her latest works with images that evoke a sense of place. I hope you like it!

Coping - that's really cool.

copingwithnarcolepsy said:

My sister is a novelist, poet and short story writer. I put together this shadow box for her to commemorate her latest works with images that evoke a sense of place. I hope you like it!

Thanks!

I started exercising on the treadmill on Monday. Burned 400 calories on Mon and Tues. I'm trying to lose weight and build muscle again. I've done it before, I should be able to do it again. Only caveat is I fall asleep after exercising while I'm stretching. Oh, well. That's narcolepsy for ya.

I hit the gym yesterday too and felt pretty good. I ate a lot for dinner, think my metabolism was up. :)

I started exercising on the treadmill on Monday. Burned 400 calories on Mon and Tues. I'm trying to lose weight and build muscle again. I've done it before, I should be able to do it again. Only caveat is I fall asleep after exercising while I'm stretching. Oh, well. That's narcolepsy for ya.

I fell off the treadmill and injured my right leg. I guess my balance is off as I keep stumbling. Something I guess I should mention to my dr. during my next visit.

Sorry -- that wasn't positive. I am doing yoga stretches instead now until I feel better.

I Love your Shadowbox Kathleen....

Tonight my daughter and I spent some long overdue quality time together.

My daughter and I are both trying to lose weight and exercise. I have been trying to get my workout in in the morning. I wish we could do it together, but I think she needs to make the commitment to be healthy and fit for herself. Then, we watched the Biggest Loser together. I kept telling her what a knockout she can be with a little weight loss and some self-confidence.

Glad you and your daughter were able to spend time together!

my husband was able to take our son to school this morning & pick him up so I got to sleep in and be lazy ALL DAY!

That sounds Great Gina !!!

Tonight I talked to a friend I reconnected with after 25 years. It was like a day hadn't past. True Life Long Friends are Wonderful !!!

Thanks Kathleen,

I am so sorry you fell of the treadmill. I have done that before in a packed gym. I know I had to look like Disney's Goofy when I was sliding and flew off. The funny part is everyone there acted like they didn't even notice.....I was dying laughing. It was pretty funny. I am just glad you are okay and can continue to work out. Yoga stretches will be great until you get to see your Dr. Weight loss does improve self confidence. Good luck & know I am cheering you both on !!!!

I've already posted my positive thing for the day.....

I lost five pounds!

great news. I wish I could lose 5 pounds!

Just got wonderful Atlanta Braves vs Washington Nationals Tickets from my nephew. I love being close to DC. Today has also been incredible !!!! Sometimes God just smiles on you & all things are well !!! We have to "Live" in Spite of Our Illnesses."

We Have to "Live" in Spite of Our Illnesses.

Something that someone said about narcolepsy that always stuck with me - “you’re lucky in that you can experience being between two stages of consciousness - sleep and awake. Imagine the possibilities”