Being Thankful

I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving. I got through the day with a lot of support from my family. I made it through the morning without a nap which was miraculous! Once I got the turkey out of the oven though, it was all over :)

I laid down on the couch for a quick refresher nap and woke up an hour and a half later. No one seemed to mind. Everything was really already cooked, it just had to be reheated in the microwave.

My son was able to get the day off work and surprised us by coming over early in the afternoon. I had my whole family, plus my goddaughter Kristen who drove in from N.C., my sister in law, my niece, and my youngest godchild, Ansley for a wonderful dinner, laughter and fun. I am so thankful for my wonderful family. Our neighbors stopped over later for dessert just when I was starting to crash again. But, everyone took turns entertaining and feeding them -- haha. I fell asleep on the living room floor for a while during all the activities. I guess everyone has accepted my illness. It's still weird having to stop what you are doing to go lay down.

I was talking in my sleep to my son and he kept asking me questions - we had quite the conversation! I was trying to tell him to take the turnips out of the oven. I kept saying -- it starts with a T. He said -- Oh, you mean the tuscaninni? And I said yes. Later on, he had a great time telling that story over at the dinner table. If you can't laugh at yourself, what's the point?

Great post. I talk in my sleep like crazy too!