Anyone in recovery taking medication for narcolepsy?

I am newly diagnosed and nervous about starting nuvigil because I’m in recovery. I have been sober a while however just nervous it may mess with me. Any suggestions?

Hi Newbie, I'm not in recovery. but I do want to pass along my experience in starting Nuvigil. It was incapacitated by the nausea. I had to stop taking it then started with 25mg/week until I reached my dose goal. I think I'm an atypical case in in the severity of the nausea, but I have read online how it does make many people nauseous.

Good luck and congratulations on your recovery !!!!

warmly,

Frances

Thanks Frances. I did begin taking it Saturday and so far it has been okay. I actually feel only slightly different, which is good. I was worried I would be jittery and restless, but I have been fine. I did not fight my eyelids in bumper to bumper traffic coming to work this morning. Thank you for sharing your experience with me. I will be on the look out for Nausea but hopefully it will be mild or brush past me.

Thanks,

Virginia said:

Hi Newbie, I'm not in recovery. but I do want to pass along my experience in starting Nuvigil. It was incapacitated by the nausea. I had to stop taking it then started with 25mg/week until I reached my dose goal. I think I'm an atypical case in in the severity of the nausea, but I have read online how it does make many people nauseous.

Good luck and congratulations on your recovery !!!!

warmly,

Frances