What do you do to when your body starts becoming immune to Modafinil?

Does anyone have tips on what to do when the effects of Modafinil start diminishing? I've had to increase my dose, but can't do that forever. Are there other meds that help you?

I started out on nuvigil then it was increased because I became immune to it, then I was switched to modafinil and it didn’t do anything for me so I was put on Adderall and now I’m on dextroamphetamine twice a day and so far so good. Understand this narcolepsy is the type of disease That you have to find the right meds that work for you. You might go through 5 or more different meds before you find the right one. But don’t get discouraged or give up just remember if something isn’t working for you don’t keep taking it let your doctor know add soon as you realize it’s not working. Best wishes to you.

I took nuvigil for almost 15yrs before it stopped working for me. Crappy part is that I’m only 32yrs old. I did alternative/natural remedies for 10 months. You can survive on it but only with an extremely limited lifestyle and activities. I tried adderall recently, wasn’t for me. Made me sweat buckets and really scatter brained. Now I’m trying ritalin, its better than the last but not quite sure if I’m going to stay with it or not yet. Too early to tell still. Gives me mood swings and body aches.

I was on modafini, effects faded away plus I developed side effects more like adverse effects of slurred speech, repeating same question or statement several times...So I stopped it and started adderlol, keeps me awake all right just makes me moody...Medication effects are different for everyone, this is my experience.

I agree meds affect everyone differently ! Fortunately, I have 2 docs that understand that. Thanks for your reply

Thanks for the reply Punkin ! Happy Friday !

Punkin said:

I started out on nuvigil then it was increased because I became immune to it, then I was switched to modafinil and it didn't do anything for me so I was put on Adderall and now I'm on dextroamphetamine twice a day and so far so good. Understand this narcolepsy is the type of disease That you have to find the right meds that work for you. You might go through 5 or more different meds before you find the right one. But don't get discouraged or give up just remember if something isn't working for you don't keep taking it let your doctor know add soon as you realize it's not working. Best wishes to you.