Sleep Genius app

Hello, my name is Pauline, I'm from Chile and my 9 year old daughter was diagnosed with narcolepsy and cataplexy in April. I apologize if my English is not good or sounds weird.
Looking for an application that monitors sleep in internet, I found the app Sleep Genius, used to better sleep. Does anyone has used it to give me his opinion? Will it help to sleep better? Thanks

Hi, Pauline, I'm Genna. I love how involved you are with your daughter's treatment! I've never thought of a sleep app, to be honest, because I'm not sure how it could help. If you find out anything about it, I'd love to hear how it works. I've found through my personal experience that the best way to get good, restful sleep at night is to exercise in some form during the day. I can't tell you the exact science behind it, but to me it seems that the more tired my body is, the more my brain recognizes that I need sleep. It was very, very important though that I talked to my doctor first before I did anything with swimming because it's best to be sure that it wasn't going to make my symptoms worse. The exercise really did do wonders for me. I felt more awake during the day and I was doing better in school and my friends and family noticed I was a lot happier too.

Hope that helps :)

I haven't used this one, but I've used SleepBot for a while and I like it. It's pretty similar, but kind of low tech. Monitors noise, movements, time spent sleeping, etc. I liked it when I worked weird hours because I often had to sleep in 3 to 6 hour chunks and wanted to see how much sleep I'd actually gotten that week.

When I was first diagnosed with Narcolepsy and Cataplexy I was told by my doctor to download this app. I paid for the full version and at first I found it difficult to use. Once I got the hang of it, I tried it several times. I would constantly have to adjust the volume on it and no matter what set of sounds it was on, I could not fall asleep to it. Unfortunately my mind would not shut off and the sounds seemed to keep my mind busy when t would change from one sound to another. I wish t would have worked for me and I hope it will work for others.