Nice to Meet Everyone!

Hello everyone! I am simply thrilled to finally belong to a support group. I got diagnosed with Narcolepsy w/ cataplexy a little over a year ago. It has definitely been a struggle trying to cope but I have a wonderful fiancé that helps me everyday. We have a beautiful 3 year old boy and he is a ball of pure energy. I’m not very good at introductions although I am a people person so if anyone has any questions for me or just want to get to know me a little better please feel free to ask. My life and experiences is an open book and I enjoy passing on knowledge to others. Once again it is truly a pleasure and an honor to be able to finally be able to talk to other people that understand what kind of day to day hassles and stress that narcolepsy can bring.

Hello there and welcome! This board has gone a bit quiet over the holidays, but I'm sure it will start moving and shaking soon. We're so glad to have you, and we're looking forward to your participation in our discussions.

Seenie

Hello, so happy to have join the group, I to have narcolepsy and I was wondering if u have sleep attacks or do u just get extremely fatigued? I get so fatigued it feels like the life has been sucked out of me but I fight through each and every day for my husband and my 3 kids, but things are much better now that my husband and kids now somewhat understand my disease and what I deal with on a daily basis best wishes to u!

Hi thanks for the welcome into ur life I was diagnosed in Feb of 2014 I’ve had som uncanny episode but have gotten better for bout six months I m now experiencing much more difficult ones now Wat meds do u take if any

It's a good feeling to find a group of people who want to talk about narcolepsy. I'm really glad you're here and that you want to do that, too! Members here know things about me that others can't understand in the same way. You aren't alone! :)

Hello... I have sleep attacks. They are ruining my life! Everyday is a struggle. I have a full time job and am a mother of a wonderful 3 year old. But taking it one day at a time helps.

Punkin said:

Hello, so happy to have join the group, I to have narcolepsy and I was wondering if u have sleep attacks or do u just get extremely fatigued? I get so fatigued it feels like the life has been sucked out of me but I fight through each and every day for my husband and my 3 kids, but things are much better now that my husband and kids now somewhat understand my disease and what I deal with on a daily basis best wishes to u!

I use to be on Nuvigil but my fiancé and I are going to be getting married soon and have decided to have another baby. I'm honestly not looking forward to it but hopefully it won't be too bad!

Daesja said:

Hi thanks for the welcome into ur life I was diagnosed in Feb of 2014 I've had som uncanny episode but have gotten better for bout six months I m now experiencing much more difficult ones now Wat meds do u take if any