Share your glimmer of light!

Trying to forget 2020? Oh yes, same here. But DON’T forget that there were some good things that happened to us this year too! Let’s put our heads together and come up with a list of small but good things to make us smile as 2020 passes – thank goodness – into history.

What was your small but good thing this year? Do tell! It will do everyone good to see some points of light!

Sharon from Modsupport learned to make masks. (Who would have thought that would ever be a good thing?). Seenie got into sourdough bread baking, and she’s got the waistline to prove it. TJ made his sister very happy by doing some home improvements for her.

Share your little glimmer on a reply below.

From all of us, warm wishes to you and yours in the coming year and always.

I honestly have to say that 2020 didn’t have a huge negative effect on me, In fact I found it gave my family and friends more of an understanding on how its the little things in life that I struggle with most. Of course I have the fatigue/EDS so long now that It is just a part if my everyday lifestyle.
So moving on … In March of last year when discussions of facemasks were suggested I decided to go on youtube and learn how to make them for my family. I had a sewing machine that was getting very little use. To my surprise they came out really well and better quality than any I had seen in the shops.
At this stage my husband and sons were working and studying from home. I needed something to do now we were in lockdown together. I shared photos of my masks and people started asking me to make personalised facemasks for them. I decided to give all the money raised to charity. This little project gave me a sense of purpose in these strange time. I donated the 1st €350 to my local frontlines. The next €800 was my contribution to the Narcolepsy Ireland charity which I am a committee member of.

That’s amazing! You found something to not only keep you busy, but you turned it into a way to help others as well. I’ve been using the super simple double layer rectangle design with sewn in elastic, with pleats. This is the pattern that I’ve used, with lots of fun fabrics.

Sharon from ModSupport