My Crazy Narcoleptic Dream

I was at work and I had to go to the bathroom. Men kept coming into the bathroom and I felt I had no privacy. I started to curse out the men in the bathroom. Now I was in trouble and the managers who try to diffuse these kinds of situations were taking me aside and asking me what the problem was. I told them but nothing changed. The next time I went into the bathroom there were whole workgroups sitting at tables – men and women. I tried to find a place where I could be alone and go to the bathroom but couldn’t find anything. The next thing I know, I walked into a room with beds in it and I finally laid down. There were several men in this room too. They started complaining about the treatment they were receiving.

Now, I realized I was in a mental hospital and got dressed and started walking around until I found the intake area. It was very busy and no one noticed me. Finally, a woman asked me what I was doing there and I told her I didn’t know how I got there. She suggested that I try to find my way back. I explained that my building was down a few blocks and I didn’t remember how I got there. I left the hospital and started walking until I finally sat on the ground and started playing with the gravel on the sidewalk, unable to move on or go back to work. (like a zombie)

I woke up and realized that many of the people in the dream were people I used to work with. I woke up feeling degraded and depressed because of the realism of the dream.