Nel is taking a much-earned rest

Members, our moderator Nel is taking some time off. Please take a moment to thank her for her kindness and hard work supporting our Narcolepsy community.

Thanks dancermom but I was happy to be here with these lovely folk and I wish each and every one of them all the very best. I learnt so much here and will be forever an advocate for people with narcolepsy x

Thanks Nel I really enjoyed the discussions you shared I learned so much! Thanks again!

Thanks for your companionship and for the local expressions you sometimes used! I loved those and checked them out online - it was very entertaining and I learned something each time. Thank you for your wonderful support, Nel. Love and best wishes to you!

Dear Nel,
Wishing you the very best and hope that you get a well deserved rest :slight_smile:
Really appreciate all of your posts and messages. I’ve noticed that among us we always try to do more than we really are able to do. I think it’s the sacrifical nature of someone with a disability and our secret desire to be “normal” to the rest of the world… But then we need to be true to ourselves and take care of ourselves.
Sitting outside at my current location the neighbor noticed me passing out (in and out of sleep) he didn’t know what to do. When I came “to”. I explained what was going on…

I’ll end with a sort of funny note at least to me: I’m located In a small town of about 500 people. I went to the library with my truck, checked my email.
About an hour later realized I had just “lost” the biggest thing (usually re memory it’s small things keys, phone, note pads and clothes) about 30 minutes later I realized I “lost” my truck! I walked a few blocks home and left the truck at the library :slight_smile:
As long as I find the missing stuff it dosen’t upset me anymore like it first did. Now it’s just a gentile reminder that life has changed for me…

Please drop in every now and then and let us know how you are doing :slight_smile:

Best wishes!!!
Ranger

Thank you Ranger.

One of the pleasures of helping out here has been receiving the benefit of your wisdom and sound advice.

A town of 500 people? That sounds wonderful. There are nearly 500 people in my road alone!

All the very best

Nel