Does sleep at night reduce Cataplexy during the day?

Is anyone out there aware of any evidence that receiving enough sleep during the night reduces cataplexy episodes during the day? Since I am a nervous type of person, I am fearful of being put on amphetamine type meds to keep me awake during the day and wonder if I get something to help my insomnia if just that alone will do the trick in keeping my from having my cataplexy episodes during the day while doing dangerous activities such as driving. Does anyone have any insight into that?

I have narcolepsy without cataplexy and used to suffer from bad anxiety before I was put on lexapro. I haven’t had an anxiety attack in over 10 years. I’m also on vyvanse 2xs a day, used to take adderrall and still anxiety was not a problem.

Well, I've noticed that the more tired and exhausted you are the more prone you are to Cataplexy episodes. Before I had my pills I would have cataplexy like constantly but the times where I would nearly collapse would be when I am either more tired or exhausted then usual or when I am feeling two emotions at once like sadness and anger.

Thanks nate657. My cataplexy episodes seem to happen most frequently when I am driving. SCARY. I am tired exhausted all of the time because I can't seem to sleep more than 3-4 hours a night.

SleepinBeauty said:

I have narcolepsy without cataplexy and used to suffer from bad anxiety before I was put on lexapro. I haven't had an anxiety attack in over 10 years. I'm also on vyvanse 2xs a day, used to take adderrall and still anxiety was not a problem.

Thanks SleepiBeauty: I am hopeful when I am put on medication that my anxiety disorder will not be exacerbated. Have a great day!

From my own personal experience and since starting xyrem 4 years ago that gives me several hours of restorative sleep at night, it did not help ease my cateplexy. One Antidepressants daily ( Effexor xl) and I am cateplexy free.
Of course everyone is different …best of luck

Provigil for me is nothing like Ritalin or other "amphetamine" type medications, I have no idea how you stay awake without medication, there is no way I could drive or function without it. I do not know the answer to your original post though.