New Research: UCLA researchers find clue to Narcolepsy's cause

http://www.sleepreviewmag.com/2014/09/ucla-researchers-clue-narcolepsys-cause/

Wow! My husband always tells me that my brain functions differently. Now I have proof. Lol.

I am really glad to hear more research is being done about Narcolepsy because I would love to be able to stop taking so much medication just to wake up and then to go to sleep at night.

:slight_smile:
It is good to see that there is more narcolepsy research and I try to ferret out what I can!

Nel, I find this interesting, too. I looked up histamine, and Wikipedia mentions histamine has to do with sleep/wake cycles, allergies, motion sickness, vasodilation, immune responses, and suppresses some other important neurotransmitters. Years ago, Parkinson’s patients were treated with anti-histamines (before there were other drugs), but that might not relate to anything here. Anti-histamines can make people drowsy, but how?
Twenty years ago I searched online for any explanation I could find for my various symptoms, but stopped when I couldn’t figure things out past a certain point. I’ll bet this is a meaningful link to narcolepsy and I hope the scientific community follows up ASAP. Thank you for links to research!