Narcolepsy -- The Illness That Just Keeps Giving and Giving

I started exercising in earnest on Monday. On Tuesday, I fell off the treadmill because I lost my balance and injured my right leg. I didn't even think it was so bad and kept on exercising. When I finally finished and went upstairs to shower, I saw what I had done and was in shock. Several layers of skin were off my lower leg and it was bleeding. It looked like a burn rather than a gash on my leg. Then, I went to our new lake house on Wednesday with my husband and scrubbed one of the bathrooms and got myself in a position where I couldn't get up. I had to get on all fours and slowly pull myself up like an old woman. We came back home Wednesday night (it's a 2 hour drive) and I rested in the car but hurt my neck because of the position I was in. On Thursday, I woke up unable to move my neck without pain. My shoulders hurt and I was totally exhausted. I laid down to read at around 1:00 pm with my head propped up on a pillow. My husband and son went to visit his mother. I was all alone in the house and had a horrific sleep paralysis episode. I was terrified that I wouldn't be able to wake up. When I finally did come into full consciousness, I started crying and couldn't stop for five minutes. I slept for another 2 hours until my husband and son came home at around 4:30 pm. I couldn't get up to cook dinner. I slept again for another 2 hours until 7:30 pm and worried that no one had eaten dinner. My husband said he ate some leftovers with my son. I stayed awake but had to lay on the couch until around 11:00 pm and went up to bed. I woke today at 8:30 am, but woke several times during the night and got up to go to the bathroom at around 6:00 am.

It's going to be a beautiful day today and I am thankful for that. Sometimes I wake up and thank God I didn't die in my sleep. But, this "off-balance" thing has me wondering if I should be tested for MS or Parkinsons. My oldest brother has Parkinsons disease and is very sick right now. He said he knew he had it when he started to fall down and his hands started shaking. I am experiencing these symptoms from time to time and I don't want to know if I am in the early stages. I just don't want to know another thing about my deteriorating body. I just DON'T want to KNOW.

Hello There!

I want to respond to what you posted but my brain is totally fried tonight. I’ll try to respond when I can. In the mean time please try to just think about some little blessing to be thankful for and that will lift you up and carry you on…

Sincerely,
Ranger