A few thoughts and a book on "Sleep"

Hello All,
Finally remembered what the book was that I found helpful. It’s call “The Promise of Sleep” by William C. Dement, MD, Ph.D He is called/considered the father of modern sleep medicine. Good overview of sleep.

A few thoughts in dealing with narcolepsy:
Mission critical to become aware of what our bodies are telling us about our needs of sleep, food, exercise and good nutrition. Aware, listen and then Act upon that knowledge.

If we are “caring sort of people” we will tend to put others needs before our needs. Narcolepsy demands that we honor ourselves and our bodies - first.

We are no good to others if we are not taking the best care of ourselves. This we must face and do to manage the illness in the best possible way for everyone’s sake.

We can learn to do this and we must. Another words go with your, Flow!

Second thought is: learning what our “natural rhythms” are and work to get in syncing with our own nature.

Thirdly: give your self a break :slight_smile: do something “fun” for a change. Enjoy something life should be joyful, no matter what. There are many people who would trade illnesses with us in a heart beat.

Best to you all,
Ranger

Hi Ranger,
That’s all good sense whatever it is we are dealing with. Can I borrow and pass on your quote “We are no good to others if we are not taking the best care of ourselves. This we must face and do to manage the illness in the best possible way for everyone’s sake”?
I know it is a lot easier to say than do, especially with young families but too many of us run ourselves ragged trying not to let our illnesses disrupt our families’ lives such that our natural rhythms are never learnt.
Best wishes
Nel

Hello Nel,
Thank you, yes that would be fine.
Take care,
Ranger