Meds and siezures

My doctor wants to put me on Xyrem. I was reading the pamphlet for the medicine and it says it can cause siezures. I was diagnosed with epilepsy last year but am currently not on any meds as my body has rejected most of them. I have been siezure free for 9 months but am scared that this med will kickstart them back up. Does anybody know anything about this or have any advise? I really dont want to deal with my siezures on top of my newly diagnosed narcolepsy.

Morgan, I once thought that Drs. had all my medical info available to them but they don’t, unless I’ve told them in person and even then they may not document it unless asked to. Good to read the package insert!
Let your doc know, and find out if there are other med options. I wonder if any other meds increase the chance of seizures? Maybe a pharmacist can help, too?

Carol said:

Morgan, I once thought that Drs. had all my medical info available to them but they don't, unless I've told them in person and even then they may not document it unless asked to. Good to read the package insert!
Let your doc know, and find out if there are other med options. I wonder if any other meds increase the chance of seizures? Maybe a pharmacist can help, too?

I see that my reply did not post - I took xyrem for two months and began to experience some cerebral effects like acute dizziness and confusion. No more xyrem. It's a gift for some and bad news for others. I wish it had worked for me as there were some good outcomes like a cessation of food cravings. Best to you, Morgan!

Not wure what to tell you as I have been I think misdiagnosed with seizures for 20 years, when In fact I am pretty sure I have Narcolepsy with Cataplexy