Is still doesn't seem real

I was diagnosed with having narcolepsy with cataplexy about 5 weeks ago and since starting the Medication I actually feel alive. I still can’t believe I went for so long have asleep. The only thing I still struggle with is feeling unsteady like I can’t walk in a straight line when I am tired. I wonder if this is part of the cataplexy? I plan to ask the dr at my next appointment. Does anyone else feel this way when they are tired?

Hi and welcome...tired=Thoughts In Reverse Enter Daily! We can all try to explain the "fog" or imbalances, yet i can not seem to find the correct word for this experience. To make it easier just form that most uncomfortable moment I smile and stop in my tracks..and say "thank you beautiful brain for slowing me down" I do not speak for anyone else but just for me...I found that I focussed so much on how I was not supposed to feel that I lost months of life... be kind to yourself ...you see everything has to do with narcolepsy if we are positively diagnosed. And what makes it even more interesting... we all have one thing in common... TIRED... yet the rest might be slightly different. Thank you for your share... it helps a lot to identify our experiences... my legs become heavy and I trip easily... it seems like I lose balance and most of the days I drag my body through every working hour... says me who just asked you to be kind to yourself...LOL...when I get a fright my entire body starts quivering... life in the land of Narnia :-)

Thanks for your reply, I have the same problem with quivering when I get scared. The antidepressant I've been taking has kept it from happening every time I get startled, now it only happens when I get really scared. Thanks for the encouragement:-)